All bookings are made with Shangri-La Experience registered with Govt. of India the Jammu & Kashmir Tourism department.
1. On booking a trek with us you must be able to understand the risks and hazards which are involved in adventure trips. You must be physically and mentally prepared for the same. Any existing medical problems should be mentioned at the time of enquiry so that we can give the necessary guidance for a suitable trip.
2. It is important that you are adequately insured for the full duration of your trip and the insurance should cover medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation, helicopter evacuation. All baggage and belongings are entirely at your own risk at all times and we will not take responsibility of loss, damage or accident to any luggage or property.
3. On confirmation of traveling with us, you will need to complete the booking / registration form and send bank transfer for the amount of 30% of the total cost of the tour – as trip deposit. Bank details will be sent when trip is finalized. On receipt of the trip deposit, the detailed itinerary alongwith briefing notes and equipment checklist will be sent.
Balance payment will be collected on arrival.
(Please note that on payments made by bank transfer, bank charges will have to be borne by the clients)
4. Should you wish to cancel the trip?
the following scale of charges will apply:
If the tour cancelled due to problem of health/ accident/ nature/ war etc
should give us in written.
And the cancellation charges are:
- 30 days before 25% charges of the total cost.
- 20 days before 35% charges of the total cost.
- 10 days before 50% charges of the total cost.
- 5 days before 75% charges of the total cost.
- Last minute will be 100% charges.
(For all the above sectors any domestic airfares will be refundable depending on the type of ticket purchased as some are non refundable tickets. Refundable tickets with a cancellation fee will be charged according to flight company. )
5. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realized that last minute or on the spot changes could occur with any kind of adventure travel. The unexpected may happen and adventure holidays unlike regular holidays cannot be taken for granted. Factors like weather, transport difficulty, political instability, changes in rules and policies may cause us to change the itinerary and the same will be informed to the clients should changes have to be made before trip departure. If changes occur once trip begins, the itinerary will be decided by the guide and will be in the best and safest interest of the clients.
6. Many of the places that we visit do not have the emergency and safety services that you are used to in Europe. Hotels, lodges in remote places will not match the western standards and transportation may not be the most comfortable .You should be prepared to adhere to such conditions though we do try our best to provide the best available at each place.
7. In the event of illness, accident, emergency medical evacuation either by foot, vehicle, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs lies with the client and should be paid directly.
8. Shangri-La Experience will not be liable for consequences of weather conditions, flight cancellations, strikes, wars, riots or any untoward incidents. Any extra costs, such as hotel accommodation / flights, that result will be your responsibility and must be paid for directly at that time.
9. Once a trip begins and should any one return early due to illness or any personal reason, no refund will be given for unutilized services and hotels. Any additional costs incurred due to deviation from the itinerary by the clients will be paid directly by them.